Friday, November 21, 2014

Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving Day
Thanksgiving Day is a national holiday celebrated in The United States and Canada. It is a day to give thanks for the harvest and blessings. It is celebrated on the 4th Thursday of November in the United States of America and the 2nd Monday of October in Canada. In 1621, it was the year there first harvest proved successful, Pilgrims and Wampanoag Indians gathered around to enjoy the first Thanksgiving. For about two centuries, only the colonies celebrated Thanksgiving until Abraham Lincoln proclaimed Thanksgiving to be held every November. Thanksgiving lasted about 3 days straight eating all that they had harvested. Because they didn’t have ovens or sugar their meals did not consist of pies, cakes, or other desserts

Reflection: I think that having Thanksgiving as a national holiday is a good thing because we can celebrate all the things we are thankful for and spend time with our families being happy together.
I am thankful for …          
1) My family                                                           
2) My friends
4) The food we have
5) The education that I have
6) The house I have
7) The clothes I have
8) All the good times I have with everyone
9)  The life I have
10) My health
11) That I’m alive
12) The happiness that I have






No comments:

Post a Comment