Thursday, December 18, 2014

Interdisciplinary Project

When I found out about our interdisciplinary projects I was upset because I knew it was a hard project to do. Last year when I did it was hard for me to present to a class. I’m a really shy person in front of people I don’t know. My topic was hepatitis, but we had to do a lot of work because it wasn’t just one hepatitis it was hepatitis A, B, C, D, E, and G. It was a lot of work that I had to do because I got a hard part of the project. I did a lot of research and I couldn’t find anything so I kept looking for more research. I had to also do an essay so I did it and it was pretty easy. It was close to presentation week and I still hadn’t found anything about how hepatitis affects local individuals. I was stressed out because we had finals after the presentation and I had to study but with my part of the project still not done I wasn’t going to be able to study. After days and days of research I finally found something and I quickly finished the power point presentation. I was so happy that I had finally finished everything. Now the only other problem I had was my speech. I didn’t know what to say and whatever I was going to say I had to memorize as well. I decided to look for some facts about my part of the project and I soon had a speech. I memorized it and I felt proud of my work. The next day it was presentation day I wasn’t nervous at all that was until I got home from school. I was nervous because I didn’t want to forget my speech and also I was going to be in front of people I didn’t know. After I got home I started to get ready and practice my speech. When I got to school I was really nervous and I was forgetting all my speech. Then they told our group to start getting ready because we were going to present next. As I was practicing I was super nervous and I had forgotten my speech so I had to read of my card. When it was our turn to present I was scared to forget what I had to say but I kept rereading my card. We were up and presenting. After we finished I felt so relieved that we had finally finished our project. We got some good comments and overall I think my group and I did a good job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment