Friday, April 24, 2015

                         Medical Illustrator
Duties and Responsibilities: A medical illustrator is an artist with extensive training in medicine, science, communication, and media technology. They create imagery that advances medical science knowledge. They work closely with physicians and scientists to provide visual content for journals, books, presentations, magazines, advertisement, etc.

Salary: $ 62,000 - $ 85,000

Education: In order to become a medical illustrator you must have a master’s degree from an accredited graduate program in medical illustration. Also there is the Board of Certification of Medical Illustrators which is an independent body that administrates a two – part test to verify the competency of medical illustrators. That test includes a written test and a portfolio review.

Reflection: I would not like to become a medical illustrator because I don’t like drawing and I think it would be hard for me. Also you must go through a long and hard education to get to the level to where you just barely start the job and I don’t want that I want a short career.


No comments:

Post a Comment